Saturday, April 11, 2009

RANDOM

I finally arrived in Kenya. I haven't slept in forever, but this is
my only time I'm in Nairobi, so I'm venturing out and found this cafe at
the top of a stairwell that's in kind of a mall. I feel pretty
comfortable. My taxi guy said, "don't be afraid. You are welcome
here." Then I started asking if I could walk around and he says,
"don't take anything with you-no purse, no jewelry etc. Then he told
me exactly where to walk, so not completely safe.

There was something cow like on the side of the road and tons of
people. When I asked he said the Masai people have brought their
cattle into the city looking for food and water.

I sat with awesome woman on my 16 hour flight. I called her Annie
from the Congo. She just finished a masters in international law of
some sort and was going back to live in the Congo. Going by myself is
really helping me talk to people. Everyone really nice.

Tomorrow I am flying again when I go out to the Samburu for 4
nights. I am so glad I came early because I don't even want to think
about the flight back.

I am off to buy a frame-hopefully--Liz you know what I'm talking about.

No comments: